Saturday, October 31, 2009

pumpkins? candy? hay rides? nope...

wellll, it's halloween, and in america that means a lot of things, dressing up, trick-or-treating, pumpkin carving, but here, eh, i watched a scary movie with the bros...no pumpkins...OH, we are getting some candy from america tomorrow though! yippee!!! reese's cups!!

been thinking about what to blog about, and can't come up with anything...i've come to the realization that it can't be forced...if there's something that God speaks to me about, I'll just KNOW, i can't sit around waiting for inspiration to strike...like my blog about God strengthening Paul, that just, jumped off the page, and knocked the air out of me...i wasn't looking for it...

one thing i have been thinking about today is how easily we can become comfortable and forget that we're at war...we're at WAR, people...someone posted a sermon on facebook about how prayer is not a intercom asking your butler for another pillow or to change the thermostat, it's a WAR-time walkie-talkie, asking for reinforcements! powerful words...that's what prayer was MADE for! C.S. Lewis describes this world as "enemy occupied territory", and that's exactly what it is...one of my favorite movie quotes, from one of the terminator movies, John Connor is speaking (hmm, J.C., that sounds, familiar...??) and he's on his radio speaking to the survivors who are fighting the robots or whatever, and he said "you are the resistance." YOU are the resistance. you ARE the resistance. you are the RESISTANCE. if you think of this world, this life, like a war, and prayer is our walkie-talkie, and JC (the WORD) is fervently whispering "you are the resistance," it puts a lot of things into perspective...battles won, battles lost...ammunition...set-backs...deserters...casualties...

yeah...that's it...on that note, happy halloween! lol

2 comments:

Nagalie39 said...

I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed reading your blog and that I will have a million questions. Some of them from reading your blog and some from what Aaron told me about you. What is school like in China, where you live, etc? I want you to know that I'm very nosy, so if there is ever a question you don't want to answer let me know.

Unknown said...

mmm... like the Terminator quote xD is all I can say.