Thursday, October 8, 2009

My first blog!!!

*drum roll* this is my first everrrrr blog....wow...as someone who ALWAYS has a LOT to say about EVERYTHING, i feel overwhelmed by the power at my fingertips...*evil laugh* i first and foremost want to dedicate this blog to Jesus Christ and the furtherance of His dear cause. so, that's heads up #1 ...i PROMISE you it will be EXCITING! Jesus is anything but boring, i get the biggest rush just talking about him! plus my personality will shine through, and, anyone who knows me knows i'm hilarious and lovable, haha! heads up #2: i am a very very busy woman so these entries are going to be typed hastily, thus punctuation and spelling may not always be accurate, and...just deal with it, haha...i don't want comments telling me i misspelled something or my grammatical structure is incorrect because probably EVERY sentence will be a run-on, haha...heads up #3: i live in china...that's a HUGE part of who i am...and i want this blog to be a place i can share anything and everything i've learned as a MK growing up in a closed country...so, PLEASE please please PLEASEEEE ask questions!!! ask about china, growing up overseas, life for C's over here, my personal walk with JC (He is my best friend and i LOVE talking about Him ANY time). so, i reiterate, ASK QUESTIONS! heads up #4: the core goal of this blog is to open people's eyes to what God is doing all over the world, and to encourage believers to connect with brothers and sisters in a different culture...and it will get messy...they look different, talk different, eat weird stuff, but guess what? we look funny to them too! and more importantly, we're COMMANDED to love them...
so, sit back and enjoy!
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do NOT sit back!!!! sit UP, do some finger stretches, jump in and ASK QUESTIONS!!! no question is too simplistic, too personal, or too complicated...i will do my very BEST to answer every single one! oh, and i'd prefer if you don't post anonymous questions because i'm plagued by insatiable curiosity, BUT, if there's a question you're shy to ask, by all means!
last thing: be careful what you say...don't say anything discouraging to another brother or sister, no gossiping or name calling please, remember this blog is DEDICATED to JC and HIS cause...i wouldn't mind friendly debate on relevant issues, but we're all brothers and sisters here, no bickering please...second, i can not stress this enough, I LIVE IN CHINAAAA. hence there are certain things you shouldn't say about me, my family, and our life over here, especially about our chinese friends...i greatly appreciate discretion...now i hope i didn't say all this in vain...i REiterate, GET INVOLVED!
can't wait for my first question!!!
All praise goes to Jesus Christ!

4 comments:

Kylin Hamann said...

I am so excited for your new blog! It will be aweosme to always be able to see what your up to! Love ya! and yay, first comment. do i get a trophy or something? (:

Dellennie said...

Well, maybe I'll be able to see what you're up to now with out asking you at......1 or 2 in the morning your time. ;) Can't wait to see all that you have to "say"! <3

Unknown said...

so, gotta ask. Does this work in China w/o a proxy/vpn/etc? I'm trying to decide between wordpress, blogger, livejournal, or just making a website that includes blogging (leaning towards this).

chengduchica said...

thanks everyone for checking out my blog!! apparently, blogger.com does not work in china without a VPN, proxy, whatever...ai ya...sorry daniel...but good luck starting a blog! i'll read it! :)