Saturday, August 14, 2010

at the beach, relaxin with the fam, hallelujah!!!!

this is going to be a reeeeally quick update of what i've been up to!
college hasn't officially started for me yet, it will start after labor day weekend, right now i'm just working my butt off to pay for it!!!!!! i'm working at A Beka Academy, the homeschool curriculum supplier that is based out of my college in Pensacola, FL. i work in a call center for 40 hours a week...dealing with craaaaazyyyy customers on the phone for FORTY hours is pretty exhausting...well not everyone i deal with is crazy, obviously, but the stories i could tell.....but...ya know...customer confidentiality, blah blah blah... :)
dorm life is....interesting. lol. my roommates are great, i'm really really lucky for the roommates i have! even though it is only for the summer...i'm kinda nervous about the new roommates in the fall, at least i'll know one of them! Jenniiiiii! :)
i'm really really excited for classes to start! it will be the very beginning to being on my way to a medical career! and then, a life in medical missions! :) the other night in campus church they introduced their missionary candidates...men who were missions majors with their wives, several of who were nurses, graduates of PCC, and i smiled and thanked my Heavenly Father for the crazy huge dream he has put in my heart as i whispered to my friend, "that's gonna be me...right there...one day, that's gonna be me..." me and my man, shakin up the world for Christ!
God is teaching me so much right now, changing me, i'm growing, and i'm SO excited for wherever He's taking me! my relationship with him is growing so much, and i'm so thankful for the joy, encouragement, and strength i find in Him day by day...
right now i'm with my family at the beach, and it is...uh...ma....zingggggg...I was walking around the beach and looking at God's beautiful creation and thanking Him for all the beauty He made just for us...i read this book that a friend of mine from college, a very very dear best friend, Dorothy, lent to me, and it talks about God being your Prince...i had an amazing walk on the beach with my Prince tonight! :)
it's been so good to be with my family!!!!!! i've missed my dad and mom and little brother and baby sister...and even the two knucklehead teenage brothers... :p
i'll be heading back on campus tomorrow night...
if anyone wants to reach me at college my student e-mail and phone are the best way.
e-mail: kmonge3798@pcci.edu (at least i think that's it lol)
cell phone: 334-207-6030

2 comments:

Dana said...

It is so good to get an update from you. I will tell you that to be at a Christian College, sometimes it is hard to continue building your relationship with the Lord because you are studying His word as a textbook. So it was really good to hear that you are learning alot from Him. love ya girly, and know i will help you in anyway I can, you just got to let me know.

Aunt Joyce said...

Hello, Kristen! I saw on fb that you had a blog and I enjoyed reading about your stay at the beach so much! It sounds like everything is going great!

I just thought I would mention that the email address must not be correct as I tried to send you one but it was returned to me.

Take good care and don't work too hard! Soon you will be hitting the books....Love ya lots!